Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pillow Talk {Swap} 8 Finished!

With just a few days before the mail date, I finished my pillow for the Pillow Talk {Swap}!  I'll be sending it off to my partner today.


I used Summersville by Lucie Summers for Moda.  I thought about adding in some solids, but I really liked how well this line worked altogether, and I ended up using the black prints as kind of an anchor - when I was making the HSTs, I just sewed a black print onto another color.


This is a two-sided quilted pillow.  One side has a little embroidery on it.



The other doesn't.


This pillow also has an invisible zipper.  I've never done an invisible zipper before, and it's not perfect, but it's good enough.  I definitely want to make some of these for my own couch!  I used this tutorial from Sew Katie Did.


I hope my partner likes it!

2 comments: