Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Biggie Ziggie Top Done!

I mentioned here that I was {slightly} excited about an idea I had regarding making a quilt for my baby boy, due in February. I had a sketch, I had the fabric, I even made templates - all I needed to do was cut and sew. Well, I did, and now the top is done!


I'm so glad to see that some random idea in my head actually came out exactly the way I wanted it to!


After I finished it, I wondered to myself if this really was a zig zag or a chevron, and if I was calling it "Biggie Ziggie" in error? So I googled it, and look what I found! Biggie Ziggie it is! For what it's worth, I wouldn't change the name, even if this was technically a chevron design, because I just like it so much.

Suggestions on how to quilt it?  I was thinking of just doing horizontal straight lines, but I really haven't put a whole lot of thought into it yet, so I'm open to ideas.

I'm linking up to WiP Wednesday, which I don't participate in very often, because I just have too many WiPs!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

  1. sooooo, you're going to share the templates, right? I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous quilt! The colors are GORGEOUS!!! I love it! And thanks for the link love!!!! You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big zig zag! And your color choices are spot on. It'd be fun to see some quilting that follows/echos the zigzag, but with different amounts of space between the quilting lines. Some really close, some spaced out more. Just an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful zig-zag I agree with the echoing. I love the way that looks on zigzags

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Isn't it great when an idea in your head turns out so well? Thanks for the clarification about chevrons vs zigzags as well, I've been wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm baffled on how you put it together! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with MeganAnne and Jenniffier on the quilting as well. It will really set off the zig and the zag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool quilt top! As for the quilting check out this link. It think it's a neat design. http://www.filminthefridge.com/2011/04/01/big-diamond-little-diamond-a-straight-line-quilting-pattern/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I want a zigzag quilt for our little one. I've never quilted before, so I am intimidated, and want my mom to do it. hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this. Do you have a pattern or template or instructions on how you made this?
    hjarvis9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete